Cranberry Walnut Clafoutis
A clafoutis is a simple batter, poured over fruit. Very easy!
In summer I do it over peaches or plums.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 2 cups cranberries, cut in half
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs butter
- Butter a glass baking dish, quiche pan or deep pie plate, (or even a round metal cake pan) 10 in. (25cm) in diameter.
- Take 1 tbs of the sugar and sprinkle it over the butter, shaking the dish to distribute evenly.
- Combine the cranberries and walnuts and spread in dish.
- Whisk the eggs until they turn lighter in color, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour and whisk well.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter over the cranberries and bake, 425F (210C) 30-35 minutes. It should have a lovely brown crust and be set in the middle.
- Let sit 10 – 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
It’s best to put the baking dish on a sheet pan in case it bubbles over
Keywords: clafoutis, cranberries, walnuts