Stuffed Mushrooms with Feta, Greek Olives and Couscous
An easy appetizer that works with or without the sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: First Course
- 6 large mushrooms, (1 1/2 ” diameter, 4cm), cleaned, caps only
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs couscous
- 3 tbs chicken stock
- 2oz (60gr) feta, cut into small cubes
- 3 tbs chopped black, Greek olives
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 125ml) tomato sauce
- Heat chicken stock to boiling (microwave).
- Pour over couscous, cover, set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil and Worcestershire in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushroom caps and sauté until light brown, 3 – 4 minutes, turning once.
- Remove and place on a baking sheet
- When couscous is ready (liquid absorbed) stir in feta and olives.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps, dividing evenly.
- Bake in 375F (180C) oven for 10 minutes, until they are light brown.
- To finish: Heat tomato sauce in a small saucepan just until warm.
- When mushrooms are done remove from oven.
- Spoon some tomato sauce onto the bottom of 2 small plates. Add mushrooms and serve.
You could use 1 or 2 larger mushrooms and bake a few minutes longer.
Keywords: stuffed mushrooms. feta