Beef and Pepper Quiche
A shredded potato crust makes this an easy last-minute dinner – with 30 minutes to relax while it bakes.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Quiche
- 2 medium potatoes, 12oz (360gr) total, shredded (not peeled)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8oz (240gr) ground beef
- 2 tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3oz (90gr) Gruyere cheese, sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) cup milk
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120gr) Greek yogurt
- Mix shredded potato, salt and egg.
- Pat into a lightly oiled quiche or 10″ (25cm) pie plate, working it up the sides a bit for the edges.
- Bake in 400F (200C) oven for 15 minutes.
- Sauté onions, pepper and garlic in oil over medium high heat until tender
- Add beef and sauté, breaking it up as is browns
- .Add chili powder, oregano,and set aside until needed
- Whisk eggs, mustard, yogurt and milk together.
- To assemble: Remove crust from oven.
- Arrange the tomatoes in a single layer on crust.
- Spread the beef mixture evenly on top.
- Top with cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over all and bake, 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before cutting.
I usually put the quiche dish on a baking sheet to make it easier to handle – it gets kind of full.
Keywords: quiche, potato crust, beef, peppers