Pumpkin Gratin, II
This is an easy fall or winter side dish, good for the holidays or anytime!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Winter Vegetables
- 2 cups (16oz, 480gr) pumpkin, cooked or canned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil, plus a bit for the dish
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/3 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1oz (30gr) cheese, cut finely or shredded
- In medium skillet sauté onion and celery in olive oil over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in mustard and paprika.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Spoon into a lightly oiled baking dish
- Sprinkle the top with remaining bread crumbs, then cheese (or nuts).
- Bake at 200C (400F) for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
Sprinkle the top with chopped nuts rather than cheese for a healthy, vegan version.
Keywords: pumpkin, gratin