Sausage, Pasta and Butternut Squash
This is almost a skillet dinner – the pasta is cooker separately. Still – it’s quick and easy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: One Dish Dinners
- Method: Skillet
- 12oz (360gr) sausages, sliced into 1/2″ (1cm) lengths
- 10oz (300gr) butternut squash, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups (15oz, 450gr) whole tomatoes, peeled, chopped, juices reserved
- 1 1/4 cup (4oz, 125gr) pasta penne, rigatoni, fusilli
- Cook pasta according to package instructions but remove and drain 1 – 2 minutes before done.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add paprika, cumin, and sauté briefly.
- Add sausage, squash, garlic, and sauté until sausage starts to brown, 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, their juices, oregano, and bring to a simmer.
- Turn heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add drained pasta, turn heat to medium and cook, uncovered, a few more minutes, until pasta and squash are done and sauce has thickened.
- Serve from skillet.
Add the pasta to the skillet to finish cooking thickens the sauce and adds flavor to the pasta.
Keywords: sausage, pasta, butternut squash