I was playing with the new WordPress editor today…. That’s the bit of software that runs my blog for those who don’t know.
I was playing with it because I was assured that I could go back to the original editor any time I wanted to
Foolishly, I believed that assurance.
Suffice it to say it was not true and in my frustrated efforts to correct it I accidentally changed my settings to High Contrast and I can’t change them back.
At the moment I am working on a black screen with white type…. Like back in the beginning of time when I first started working on computers.
It’s not bringing back fond memories.
I decided that I needed to be calmer / less frustrated / less prone to putting my fist through the monitor before I tackled this problem.
So I decided to do a recipe instead.
I do hope you can read it better than I can….
Click here to Pin Stir-Fried Shrimp with Brown MushroomsPrint
Stir-fried Shrimp with Brown Mushrooms
We love an easy stir fry after a busy week. My shrimp are pre-cooked so I just add them at the end to heat through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Fish & Seafood
- Method: Stir-Fry
- 10oz (300gr) cleaned shrimp
- 6oz (180gr) cremini (brown) mushrooms, trimmed, sliced
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, quartered, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs minced fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbs sesame or walnut oil
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) chicken stock
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs cornstarch (Maizena, corn flour) dissolved in
- 1 tbs mushroom or regular soy sauce plus 1 tbs water
- 1 tbs white sesame seeds
- 1 tbs black sesame seeds
- Basmati Rice:
- 1/2 cup (3.3oz, 95gr) Basmati rice
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp sesame or walnut oil
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) chicken stock
- Basmati Rice: Heat butter and oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add rice and sauté, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add stock, cover and cook rice for length of time on package. When done fluff with fork.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, celery to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add garlic, ginger, mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes longer
- Add shrimp and sauté until they start to curl and turn opaque.
- Add sesame oil and sauté a minute longer.
- Add chicken stock and sherry, bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture, stir until cleared and thickened.
- Add more soy sauce if desired, according to taste.
- To Serve: Arrange Basmati on a 2 plates.
- Spoon shrimp and mushrooms on top, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
There really isn’t a difference between black and white sesame seeds – i just like the color contrast. Use what you have or skip it.
Keywords: Shrimp, mushroom. stir-fry
Apparently the dogs can sense my mood.
They just came running into the house, as usual, and ran to my desk for petting, as usual.
They looked at me for a minute, then both went to their beds and laid down.
I’m going to have to give them extra pets later….
But first I’m going to pour a glass of wine and convince myself that I’ll be able to fix this debacle tomorrow morning with coffee.
Lots and lots of coffee….
And maybe some Christmas cookies.
And, lest you think I’m an idiot, I know how to turn the High Contrast on and off…. The problem is that it won’t stay off. Or it stays off in the browser but not the email or not word or not….