Stir-fried Shrimp with Brown Mushrooms
We love an easy stir fry after a busy week. My shrimp are pre-cooked so I just add them at the end to heat through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Fish & Seafood
- Method: Stir-Fry
- 10oz (300gr) cleaned shrimp
- 6oz (180gr) cremini (brown) mushrooms, trimmed, sliced
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, quartered, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs minced fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbs sesame or walnut oil
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) chicken stock
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs cornstarch (Maizena, corn flour) dissolved in
- 1 tbs mushroom or regular soy sauce plus 1 tbs water
- 1 tbs white sesame seeds
- 1 tbs black sesame seeds
- Basmati Rice:
- 1/2 cup (3.3oz, 95gr) Basmati rice
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp sesame or walnut oil
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) chicken stock
Heat butter and oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Add rice and sauté, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add stock, cover and cook rice for length of time on package. When done fluff with fork.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, celery to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add garlic, ginger, mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes longer
- Add shrimp and sauté until they start to curl and turn opaque.
- Add sesame oil and sauté a minute longer.
- Add chicken stock and sherry, bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture, stir until cleared and thickened.
- Add more soy sauce if desired, according to taste.
- To Serve:
- Arrange Basmati on a 2 plates.
- Spoon shrimp and mushrooms on top, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
There really isn’t a difference between black and white sesame seeds – i just like the color contrast. Use what you have or skip it.
Keywords: Shrimp, mushroom. stir-fry