I’m guilty of joining the bacon lovers.
To be honest, I have always loved bacon and have often cooked with it, but I seem to be using more of it lately.
And it does seem to go rather well with lots of paprika.
I love lots of paprika.
I could be at risk of developing a tolerance for slightly hot foods…..
Shrimp with Paprika Sauce
Total time: 25 minutes
- 10oz (300gr) shrimp, cleaned
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3oz (90gr) bacon, chopped
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90ml) white wine
- 1/4 cup (3oz, (90gr) Greek or plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup green olives (12 – 15), cut in half
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60gr) feta, crumbled
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup (4oz, 125gr) pasta penne, rigatoni, fusilll
- Cook pasta according to package directions, but drain when there is a minute left of cooking time
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add paprika and sauté briefly.
- Add garlic, shallots, bacon and sauté until bacon is done and shallots tender, 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté until they start to curl and turn opaque.
- Add wine, tomato paste and stir well to combine.
- Add pasta and stir well. Simmer for 1 minute, or until sauce is thickened
- Add olives, feta, and heat through.
- Stir in yogurt, heat through, remove from heat, and serve.
Our poor Guapa is showing her age.
She’ll be 8 in March. (So will Bonnie, of course)
Twice this fall / winter we’ve had to take her to the vet because of serious limping.
The first time I thought she had sprained her shoulder twisting it in a bunny hole.
The vet gave her a shot and some pills and she was fine.
She started limping again a few months later. This time the vet said he thought it might be arthritis due to age. Another shot, more pills and, once again, she was fine.
She has also starting constantly trying to ‘scrunch’ her bed.
They have always had relatively flat beds, more as protection from the cold then something cushy to sleep on. Most of the time they’re on the tile floor.
I decided that they needed thicker beds…. Maybe that would help with any age-related bone / muscle problems/
The search ensued.
The new beds arrived today.
Guapa is skeptical.
So far she has sniffed, gingerly put a paw on one, sat on one for a few minutes and watched them very carefully.
Bonnie, on the other hand, flopped on the first one before I could even get it flat on the floor.
She then got up and flopped on the other…. after, which she curled up and spent the rest of the morning snoring happily.
Guapa was on the bare floor next to her.