Turkey, Butternut Squash Stir Fry
Use turkey, chicken, tofu…. But a whole butternut squash (more recipes in Index) or already cut pieces in the supermarket. Keep life easy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Chicken & Turkey
- Method: Stir-Fry
- 10oz (300gr) turkey cutlets or tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs minced ginger substitute 1/2 tsp ground
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 2 cups (8oz, 250gr) butternut squash, cut into small bite-size chunks
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbs Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 3 tbs dry sherry
- 2/3 cup (5oz, 150ml) chicken stock
- 1 tbs cornstarch (Maizena) dissolved in 2 tbs water
- 1/2 cup (3.3oz, 95gr) Basmati rice
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) chicken stock or whatever your rice calls for
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, squash to skillet and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger and stir-fry another 2 minutes.
- Remove vegetables to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tsp oil, soy sauce to pan and heat.
- Add turkey and stir-fry 3 – 5 minutes, until golden.
- Return vegetables to pan.
- Add Teriyaki sauce and stir-fry briefly.
- Add chicken stock, orange juice, sherry and stir to combine.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Remove cover, increase heat and stir in cornstarch mixture until thickened.
- Rice: Cook in stock according to package instructions. Fluff and serve.
Butternut squash is quickly peeled using a standard vegetable (potato) peeler.
Keywords: turkey, stir-fry, butternut squash