I hadn’t planned on posting this recipe….
Which is why I didn’t take a photo before we started eating.
But we both liked it so much, and it was so easy, I jumped up before we finished it and grabbed a quick pic.
You could, of course, make it with some or all leftovers…. It’s meant to be hash, after all.
If you use leftovers, adjust your cooking time accordingly, add meat or vegetables that are already cooked towards the end, just so they get hot and a bit browned.
Click here to Pin Turkey Skillet HashPrint
Turkey Skillet Hash
This is an easy skillet dinner. I used turkey, but chicken or beef or sausage would work great, too.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Skillet Dinners
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups butternut squash, the same amount as the potatoes, cut the same size,
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10oz (300gr) turkey cutlets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90ml) chicken stock
- 3 tbs ketchup
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium – high heat.
- Add onion, pepper, celery, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, squash, and sauté 5 minutes longer.
- Add garlic, turkey, and sauté 5 minutes, until turkey is browned.
- Add paprika, Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine.
- Add stock, ketchup, mustard, basil and stir to combine.
- Cover, turn heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes and squash are cooked through, 5 – 10 minutes longer..
- Serve from skillet.
You could also make this from leftovers – even faster. Just cook enough to blend flavors.
Keywords: turkey, hash, skillet dinner
Christmas is officially over, at least it is here.
School starts on Monday, the holidays are at an end.
I’ve procrastinated as long as possible.
Tomorrow I start to put away Christmas.
I’ve decided not to rush it, though…. I’m going to take two days.
I have other things that are vastly more important to do…. Like finding new dog beds.
The girls are complaining about their flat, cold beds. They’ve decided they want comfy, cozy warm beds.
The local pet stores have lots and lots of tiny, comfy, cozy warm dog beds.
We need XXXL.