I am being punished for all the many times I have bragged about my colds only lasting three days.
This is Day 6 and there is no hope in sight.
I do not take chastisement well.
I have, however, watched every episode of Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix.
Not really…. I’ve caught 15 minutes here, 5 minutes there, between naps. It’s perfect – I wake up, watch, and don’t fee like I’ve missed anything.
I did get a little confused when we went from a bakery in Tel Aviv to an Italian bakery…. in Lisbon.
This is my last slow cooker lamb shanks of this season.
I still haven’t decided which is my favorite.
Lamb Shanks, Osso Buco Style, Slow Cooker
Total time: 8 hours
- 2 lamb shanks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 1 cup (8oz, 250gr) tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 3/4 cup (6oz, 180ml) red wine
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) beef stock
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tbs parsley
- 3 tbs tapioca
- 1 tbs olive oil
- optional – if needed: 2 tsp instant tapioca or 1 tbs cornstarch
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large skillet. Add lamb shanks and brown on all sides, Remove to plate.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, to skillet and sauté briefly.
- Put vegetables in slow cooker.
- Add herbs, paprika, tapioca and beef stock. Stir to combine.
- Put lamb on top.
- Combine tomatoes, juices, red wine and pour over lamb.
- Cover and cook, low heat, 7 1/2 – 8 hours, turning shanks half way through cooking time
- Check 30 minutes before serving and if sauce needs to be thickened add 2 tsp instant tapioca or 1 tbs cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbs water.
- When ready, remove to a platter and serve.
I had some doggie play photos lined up to post with their birthday pics but I ran out of energy.
Here they are:
Year old play
Big girl play
They still have it:
But not nearly as often these days.
They used to play-fight a few times every day….. Now it’s a few times every month.