I am being punished for all the many times I have bragged about my colds only lasting three days.
This is Day 6 and there is no hope in sight.
I do not take chastisement well.
I have, however, watched every episode of Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix.
Not really…. I’ve caught 15 minutes here, 5 minutes there, between naps. It’s perfect – I wake up, watch, and don’t fee like I’ve missed anything.
I did get a little confused when we went from a bakery in Tel Aviv to an Italian bakery…. in Lisbon.
This is my last slow cooker lamb shanks of this season.
I still haven’t decided which is my favorite.
Click here to Pin Lamb Shanks, Osso Buco Style, Slow CookerPrint
Lamb Shanks, Osso Buco Style, Slow Cooker
Lamb shanks in the slow cooker = perfect match
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 hours 40 minutes
- Total Time: 8 hours
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Lamb
- Method: Slow Cooker
- 2 lamb shanks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 1 cup (8oz, 250gr) tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 3/4 cup (6oz, 180ml) red wine
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) beef stock
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tbs parsley
- 3 tbs tapioca
- 1 tbs olive oil
- optional – if needed: 2 tsp instant tapioca or 1 tbs cornstarch
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large skillet. Add lamb shanks and brown on all sides, Remove to plate.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, to skillet and sauté briefly.
- Put vegetables in slow cooker.
- Add herbs, paprika, tapioca and beef stock. Stir to combine.
- Put lamb on top.
- Combine tomatoes, juices, red wine and pour over lamb.
- Cover and cook, low heat, 7 1/2 – 8 hours, turning shanks half way through cooking time
- Check 30 minutes before serving and if sauce needs to be thickened add 2 tsp instant tapioca or 1 tbs cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbs water.
- When ready, remove to a platter and serve.
Instant tapioca is great as it can just be sprinkled in, stirred, and adjusted.
Keywords: lamb shanks, slow cooker
I had some doggie play photos lined up to post with their birthday pics but I ran out of energy.
Here they are:
Year old play
Big girl play
They still have it:
But not nearly as often these days.
They used to play-fight a few times every day….. Now it’s a few times every month.