Pork Medallions with Mustard Pan Sauce
Pan sauces are very easy – thicken or not as you like.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Pork
- 1 pork tenderloin, 14oz (420gr), sliced 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick
- 3 large shallots, sliced
- 2 tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) dry sherry
- Sauté shallots in butter and 1 tbs oil over medium heat until brown and crisp, 10 – 20 minutes, depending on skillet and heat.
- In a separate skillet, brown pork medallions in remaining 1 tbs oil on both sides, about 10 minutes total.
- Add mustard, sherry, chicken broth to skillet and stir to combine.
- Cover. reduce heat to low, and finish pork, about 5 minutes longer.
- Spoon most of the sauce onto a small platter.
- Add pork chops and drizzle remaining sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with browned shallots and serve.
Substitute onion for the shallot, and any mustard you like for the hot Dijon
Keywords: pork tenderloin, mustard pan sauce