This is a re-post – although I made it for us just last week.
We’re rather fond of this dish…..
As I am ‘not feeling 100%’ as the Brit’s would say I decided to do an easy recipe.
Shrimp with a Greek flavor: tomatoes, dry or salt-cured black olives and finished with Feta cheese.
The feta I get is sheep’s milk (brebis – traditional) and comes in blocks. Add it at the end so it stays in chunks, rather then melting into the sauce.
Shrimp, Feta & Greek Olives on Spaghetti
Total time: 25 minutes
- 10oz (300gr) shrimp, cleaned
- 3 medium shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups (15oz, 450gr) whole tomatoes, chopped, juices saved
- 1/2 cup black dry-cured (Greek) olives, pitted, cut in half
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3oz (90gr) feta, cubed
- 4oz (120gr) spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add shallots and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, paprika and sauté 2 minutes longer.
- Add herbs and tomatoes with all juices to skillet. Simmer, over medium heat, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp curl and turn opaque.
- Add olives to skillet and heat through.
- To finish: Add pasta to skillet and heat through, stirring.
- Add feta and combine.
- Divide onto two plates and serve.
I’m not seriously ill – just a cold, but it’s not my usual ‘start – to – finish in 3 days’ cold. This one is on the 4th day and each day is worse than the one before.
I’m getting quite cross about the whole thing.
I decided to ignore my mother’s voice in my head saying things like: It’s just a cold…. you’re certainly capable of washing windows, cleaning the oven, roto-tilling the garden, etc.
I decided to pamper myself and do a minimum of work and a maximum of rest.
I don’t think I’ve ever done that before in my life.
Naturally, I turned to Netflix to help,
First, since it’s spring cleaning / closet cleaning time I thought I would watch Marie Kondo. I’ve been hearing / reading so much about how wonderful she and her method are.
No one told me how annoyingly chipper she is. After 15 minutes I wanted to slap that grin off her face. (I did say I wasn’t feeling well).
I switched to a documentary proving that the earth is flat.
I really just wanted to know why we didn’t fall off the edge when we got too close. And are the droughts caused by water dripping over the edge? Where does it go?
Alas, I must have dozed off during that explanation as I still don’t know the answer.
All I learned is that the people promoting it are doing quite well financially.
I believe I’ll just watch food / cooking shows today. Maybe I’ll actually learn something useful.
I almost forgot…..
The girls turned 8 years old today!!!!
Where does the time go….
Happy Birthday Bonnie….
We’ll celebrate with pig ears.