Pork and Cabbage, Slow Cooker
Pork and cabbage are great together. Serve with simple boiled potatoes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Pork
- Method: Slow Cooker
- 2 pork chops, boneless, 12oz (360gr) total weight
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups Savoy cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tbs sage, chopped
- 1 tbs tapioca
- 1 tsp smokey paprika
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) apple juice
- 2 tbs horseradish
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- Put onions, celery, garlic, sage, and cabbage in the slow cooker.
- Combine mustard, tapioca, chicken stock and stir into vegetables.
- Top with pork.
- Pour apple juice over the pork, the sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook on low for 6 – 7 hours – stir once after 4 or 5 hours if possible..
- Just before serving stir in horseradish and yogurt.
- Put it all on a platter and serve.
I use tapioca as a thickener in slow cooker recipes. For me it works better than flour. You can add instant tapioca at the end, or cornstarch.
Keywords: pork, cabbage, slow cooker