Swedish Meatballs with Egg Noodles
These easy meatballs are finished with a creamy yogurt sauce and served on egg noodles
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Beef
- 12oz (360gr) ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 1/2 cups (12oz, 360ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120gr) Greek or plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbs cornstarch (corn flour, maizena) dissolved in 2 tbs chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cups (4oz, 120gr) egg noodles
- 1 tbs butter
- Cook noodles or pasta according to package directions.
- When done, drain and toss with butter.
- In medium bowl combine onion, half of the dill, egg, bread crumbs and beef.
- Mix well and form into small meatballs, about 1″ (2.5cm) in diameter. You should have about 16 meatballs
- In a medium skillet with lid heat the chicken stock.
- When simmering add the meatballs, being careful that they don’t touch.
- Cover and continue to simmer until done, stirring and turning the meatballs once or twice, about 15 minutes.
- To finish:
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tbs chicken stock.
- When meatballs are done add the dill to the sauce and move the meatballs to the sides of the pan.
- Turn up the heat a bit and add the cornstarch mixture, stirring until thickened and clear.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in the yogurt, mixing well.
- Serve, meatballs on top of or next to the pasta.
To quickly make meatballs the same size divide the mixture into quarters, then each quarter into quarters. Now form the 16 meatballs.
Keywords: Swedish meatballs, meatballs