We’ve been eating a lot of shrimp lately.
There are three simple reasons….
We like shrimp.
I can now buy cleaned shrimp. Mon mari was not overly fond of cleaning shrimp and I can’t. I have no problem eating shrimp but my hands break-out in a rash if I clean them. (My story and it’s worked for years.)
The weather hasn’t been nice enough for him to grill salmon.
He finally conceded defeat and set the barbecue up in the barn so he can cook in the rain… Unhappily, I might add.
It’s been a strange spring. We have beautiful weather for the first part of the week, followed by a cold, wet weekend.
It’s May 3rd and he just lit a fire in the fireplace.
We like green garlic and lemon with our shrimp…..
Spaghetti with Shrimp and Spinach
Total time: 25 minutes
- 7oz (210gr) shrimp, cleaned
- 5oz (150gr) fresh spinach, washed, big leaves torn into smaller pieces if needed
- 6 green garlic, sliced, including green tops (substitute 5 green onions, sliced and 2 cloves garlic, minced)
- 2 tbs parsley
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60gr) white wine
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60gr) Greek or plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1/2 cup (2oz, 60gr) Parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4oz (125gr) spaghetti
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a large skillet heat oil. Add green garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté until shrimp are cooked through (they curl and turn opaque).
- Add lemon juice, wine, parsley and spinach, stirring until heated through and spinach is wilted.
- Add yogurt and stir to combine.
- Add drained pasta and combine.
- Divide onto 2 plates, top with Parmesan and serve.
Two weeks ago I bought tomato plants.
I still haven’t figured out how it works here. One is not supposed to put plants in the potager until after the middle of May (after the the ‘three ice saints’ days) but by the middle or April all of the tomato plants are huge, root bound and crying for relief.
I decided to be brave and I was all ready to plant them at the beginning of this week. The weather was warm and sunny.
I checked the forecast one last time.
Frost is predicted for tomorrow night.
I re-potted all of the tomato plants.
It was the least I could do.
Really – the least.
But next week is forecast to be beautiful.
I’ll try again.
Every year I ask myself why I bother….. And then I do it again.