Spaghetti with Shrimp, Spinach
This dish goes together in the time it takes to cook the spaghetti making for a quick, easy one-dish dinner.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Seafood
- Cuisine: Italian
- 7oz (210gr) shrimp, cleaned
- 5oz (150gr) fresh spinach, washed, big leaves torn into smaller pieces if needed
- 6 green garlic, sliced, including green tops
- 2 tbs parsley
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60gr) white wine
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60gr) Greek or plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1/2 cup (2oz, 60gr) Parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4oz (125gr) spaghetti
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a large skillet heat oil. Add green garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté until shrimp are cooked through (they curl and turn opaque).
- Add lemon juice, wine, parsley and spinach, stirring until heated through and spinach is wilted.
- Add yogurt and stir to combine.
- Add drained pasta and combine.
- Divide onto 2 plates, top with Parmesan and serve.
Green garlic is immature garlic, pulled before it divides into cloves. It looks like a green onion. Substitute an equal amount of green onion plus 1 – 2 minced garlic cloves.
Keywords: spaghetti, shrimp, spinach