This salad makes efficient use of one skillet. It needs to be big enough to hold the potatoes and beans.
You could, of course, use more skillets, but why would you?
If you don’t have teriyaki sauce use sweet soy sauce and reduce the quantity slightly.
If you don’t have teriyaki sauce or sweet soy sauce, use 2 tbs regular soy sauce, divided, plus add 1/2 tsp sugar in the vinaigrette.
If you don’t have any of those….
Perhaps you should consider going shopping.
My shrimp are already cleaned and cooked, so I just quickly heated them.
Teriyaki Shrimp Salad
Total time: 30 minutes
- 8oz (250gr) shrimp, cleaned
- 2 medium potatoes, (10oz, 300gr), washed, cut into bite-size cubes
- 6oz (180gr) yellow or green beans, trimmed, cut into bite-size lengths
- 6 – 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves or quarters
- 6 – 8 marinated artichoke hearts, cut in half, lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 tbs Teriyaki sauce, divided
- lettuce for 2 main meal salads, cleaned and spun dry
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tbs sherry vinegar
- 3 tbs salad olive oil
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a skillet large enough to hold the potatoes and beans.
- Add potatoes and sauté 10 minutes, until starting to brown.
- Add beans, 2 tsp teriyaki sauce, sauté until potatoes and beans are cooked through.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add 1 tsp teriyaki sauce, 1/2 tbs oil and shrimp. Turn heat up and quickly sauté until shrimp curl and turn opaque.
- Whisk mustard, 1 1/2 tbs teriyaki sauce and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add salad olive oil and whisk well to combine.
- Put lettuce in a large salad bowl.
- Add half of the vinaigrette toss well to coat.
- Add shrimp, potatoes, beans, tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
- Toss well to combine. Taste and add more vinaigrette as needed
- Serve, remaining vinaigrette on the side.
We’ve had a very busy few days.
More about that later….
Suffice it to say I’m tired and out of words – both in English and in French.
Actually, my French words ran out awhile ago but that is another story.
The dogs are barking, there’s yet another beautiful sunset and I’m going to sit with my dogs and admire it.