Grilled Sausage Salad
Cooking both sausages and potatoes on the barbecue keeps the heat out of the kitchen making this a great warm weather salad.
Or use a skillet for both….
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: American
- 4 – 6 sausages, 10oz total weight (300gr)
- 2 medium potatoes (10oz, 300gr), cut into large bite-size pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup Greek olives, pitted, roughly chopped
- 3oz (90gr) feta cheese, cubed
- Lettuce – enough for a main meal salad for 2
- 2 tbs fresh, snipped chives
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 3 tbs white Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs salad olive oil
- Coat potatoes with the olive oil.
- Cook in a pan on the barbecue grill for 20 – 25 minutes or until done.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Cook sausages on the barbecue grill for 10 – 15 minutes, depending on size, until done.
- Remove and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Cut sausages into bite-size pieces.
- Put lettuce and chives into a large salad bowl.
- Whisk mustard and vinegar together.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly.
- To finish:
- Add 1/2 of the vinaigrette to lettuce and toss to combine.
- Arrange potatoes and sausages in 2 rows down the center of the lettuce.
- Divide tomatoes and avocado and arrange in rows on both sides.
- Sprinkle with olives, feta and serve, with remaining vinaigrette on the side.
You can cook both potatoes and sausages in a skillet if you prefer.
Keywords: summer salads, main course salad