Grilled Steak and Mushrooms
The steak we had is called a ‘faux filet’ here in France, but it looks like the rib-eyes we used to buy in the U.S. Use whatever cut you like. You could also get 1 larger steak, and slice to serve.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Beef
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- 2 7oz (200gr) rib-eye or other steak
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 4oz (125gr) mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbs dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Mix all ingredients for rub.
- Pat onto both sides of steaks and allow steaks to rest, room temperature, for 15 minutes.
- Heat butter and Worcestershire in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and sauté, stirring frequently, until they are dark and glazed, about 7 – 9 minutes. Watch closely so nothing burns.
- Keep warm over low heat until ready.
- Cook steaks on barbecue grill until done to your liking.
- Put a steak on each plate, spoon mushrooms on top and serve.
We cook steaks about 3 minutes per side for medium rare, 4 – 5 minutes per side for medium, but it depends on…. thickness of steak, heat of grill, etc.
Keywords: steak, mushrooms, summer grilling