Potato Salad, Balsamic Dressing
This is an easy potato salad made with a simple Balsamic vinaigrette. Without mayo or eggs it’s well suited for picnics – or anytime.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Potatoes
- Cuisine: International
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbs salad olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tbs salad olive oil
- Heat a medium saucepan half full of water over medium high heat.
- Add salt to water.
- When water is boiling, add potatoes, partially cover and cook just until tender when pierced with a sharp knife, 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Immediately add 1 tbs olive oil and stir gently. Allow to cool,
- Whisk vinegar and mustard together in a bowl large enough for the salad.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly until well combined.
- Add potatoes, parsley to vinaigrette and stir gently. Serve.
The olive oil soaks into the hot potatoes, enhance the flavor and allowing the salad to be finished later. I add salt to the cooking water, rather than the finished salad
Keywords: potato salad, balsamic vinaigrette