Potato Zucchini Fritter
This is a simple recipe but it does require patience to just let it cook, without fussing, while it sets.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Potatoes
- Method: Skillet
- 2 cups shredded potato, about 2 medium potatoes (12oz, 350gr total)
- 2 cups shredded zucchini or summer squash, about 1 medium
- 2 tbs chives, chopped
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Shred the potatoes and zucchini using the large holes on a grater.
- Put them in a bowl, add all remaining ingredients, except oil, and combine well.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet.
- Add the potato/zucchini mixture, flatten as best you can with a spatula, cover and cook over medium heat about 15 minutes, or until starting to brown – take a peak around the edges.
- Carefully slide the patty onto a plate. Put another plate on top and flip it over.
- Slide it back into the skillet to brown the other side, adding a bit of oil first if needed.
- Cook, uncovered, another 7 – 10 minutes.
- When done, slide onto a plate, cut into wedges and serve.
A nonstick skillet works best for this. I use 2 plates because my skillet is heavy and awkward to use to flip, but you can use your skillet rather than a second plate to flip it back into the pan.
Keywords: potatoes, zucchini, summer squash