Simple Chard Gratin
This is a quick, easy side dish that works as well with spinach as it does with chard.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Summer Vegetables
- 8oz (250gr) chard, leaves and stems chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Sauté the onion, chard stems and paprika in 1 tsp olive oil for 5 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Add chard leaves and stir-fry just until wilted.
- In medium bowl beat eggs well.
- Add yogurt, mustard, Parmesan and oregano. Mix well.
- Add chard / shallot and mix well.
- Lightly oil a small baking dish. Spoon in chard and bake at 400F (200C) for 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove and serve directly from baking dish.
You can substitute other, shredded cheese for the Parmesan
Keywords: chard, chard gratin