Skillet Chard with Feta & Olives
Chard, or Swiss Chard, is a slightly bitter green, reminiscent of spinach. Mine is ‘Rainbow Chard’, thus all the colors. We added feta and Greek olives for a Mediterranean flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Summer Vegetables
- 7oz (200gr) chard or Swiss chard, washed, sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1.5oz (45gr) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, about 10 olives, pitted, sliced
- 1 tbs ketchup
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs fresh oregano
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, chili powder and sauté until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chard stems and stir-fry over medium heat 3 minutes, then add the leaves.
- Stir and turn until the leaves wilt and it all fits into the skillet.
- Add the ketchup, vinegar and stir well to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until chard is tender, another 4 – 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- To finish:
- Remove chard from heat, stir in feta, oregano and olives. Serve.
As both the feta and the olives are salty I don’t add any to this dish.
Keywords: chard, feta, olives