Yellow Squash Gratin
I used a yellow squash, 2 yellow tomatoes (Lemon Boy) and an orange pepper for this gratin…. Just for fun. Use any color of the 3 that you like / have.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Baked
- 1 medium summer squash (9″ long, 22cm), thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 yellow or orange pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tbs fresh basil, snipped
- 1/2 cup (2oz, 60gr) shredded cheese
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet
- Add pepper, onion and fry until tender, 7 – 8 minutes.
- Put peppers and onions into a baking dish.
- Arrange half of the squash in a layer on top.
- Arrange tomatoes, basil on squash.
- Finish with a layer of the remaining squash.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover and bake in 400F (200C) oven for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer.
I give the servings on this as 2 but we usually have enough left over for a small side dish at lunch. It could easily serve 3.
Keywords: summer squash, pepper, tomatoes