Pasta with Beef, Spinach and Ricotta
This is an easy skillet dinner with a creamy ricotta / tomato sauce. I used rotelle pasta.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta
- 12oz (360gr) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups (15oz, 450gr) whole tomatoes, peeled, chopped, juices reserved
- 8oz (250gr) frozen spinach, chopped, no sauce, not thawed
- 8oz (250gr) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp celery or regular salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups (4.1oz, 125gr) pasta – penne, rigatoni, rotelle
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in large non-stick skillet.
- Add onions and sauté until tender, 7 – 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, paprika and sauté briefly.
- Add beef and sauté, breaking it up as it browns.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach to the skillet and simmer, uncovered until spinach is thawed.
- If there is a lot of liquid increase heat and cook down a bit.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to skillet.
- Add ricotta and stir until everything is well combined and hot.
- Serve from skillet.
If your spinach is whole, thaw it partially in the microwave, then roughly chop or slice before adding to the skillet.
Some of the prep is done while the onions are cooking.
Keywords: pasta, beef, spinach, ricotto