Acorn Squash Slices, Roasted
Roasting winter squashes concentrates their natural sweetness and all you need to finish is a bit of salt and pepper…. or you can smear on butter.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Winter Vegetables
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to finish
- Cut squash in half, through stem and blossom ends, and scoop out seeds.
- Then cut in 1″ (2.5cm) slices the short way.
- Mix rosemary and olive oil. Add squash slices and turn to coat.
- Lay squash on a baking sheet and bake at 400F (200C) for 30 minutes.
- Turn slices once if so inclined.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
You can use any winter squash for this. The ‘neck’ end of a butternut works very well – cut the slices about 1/2″ thick.
Keywords: acorn squash, winter squash, roasted vegetables