Creamy Acorn Squash Soup
Apple adds a bit of sweetness to this soup; the ginger a bit of spice. Crisp sage leaves are used for garnish; if you don’t have any, top with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 10 sage leaves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Microwave, cut side down, until tender, 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove squash from shell.
- In medium saucepan sauté onion in butter until tender.
- Add squash, apple, stock, ginger and nutmeg to onions.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 – 20 minutes.
- Purée soup.
- Stir in yogurt and gently reheat.
- Heat oil in a small skillet.
- Add sage leaves and fry until crisp, about 3 minutes
- To serve: Ladle into soup plates or bowls and garnish with sage leaves.
Any winter squash or even canned pumpkin will work in this soup…. Flavor will vary.
Keywords: light soup, acorn squash