Pork and Parsnips, Slow Cooker
If you can’t get or don’t like parsnips, use all carrots for this easy stew. Serve with simple boiled potatoes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Pork
- Method: Slow Cooker
- 12oz (360gr) boneless pork chops, cut in half
- 2 shallots, peeled, cut in 4ths
- 1 medium carrot, cut into sticks
- 3 medium parsnips, cut into sticks
- 1 tbs whole grain mustard
- 3/4 cup (6oz, 180 ml) apple juice
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) beef broth
- 1 tbs parsley
- 2 tbs crumbled sage leaves
- 2 tbs tapioca
- 2 tbs horseradish
- Put all vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Add the tapioca, beef broth and stir to combine.
- Top with pork pieces in a single layer if possible.
- Mix apple juice, mustard, herbs, and pour over pork.
- Cover and cook, low heat, for 6 hours.
- Give it a quick stir after 3 hours if you are available
- Uncover, add horseradish and stir to combine.
I use a small slow cooker for this. If you have a large one you can add 2 potatoes, cut into chunks and make the entire dinner in the cooker.
Keywords: pork stew, slow cooker pork, parsnips