Pork and Tomatoes, Slow Cooker
I used a small pork loin cut into chunks for this. I don’t brown or pre-cook anything…. I like easy.
We had it on Brown Basmati Rice, but pasta or mashed potatoes would also be good.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Slow Cooker
- 12oz (360gr) boneless pork, cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 cup (8oz, 200gr) tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 125 ml) beef broth
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) red wine
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbs tapioca
- Put onions and celery in the slow cooker.
- Top with pork pieces in a single layer if possible.
- Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over pork.
- Cover and cook, low heat, for 6 hours.
- Give it a quick stir after 3 hours if you are available
- Uncover and serve.
Tapioca is a great thickener for slow cookers…. just sprinkle it in and forget about it. If you don’t have it, stir in 1 tbs cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbs water 30 minutes before serving.
Keywords: slow cooker, pork, tomatoes