Turkey, Leek and Spinach Spaghetti
This is an easy, hearty pasta dish. The sauce is made while the pasta cooks.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta
- 10oz (300gr) turkey, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium leeks – about 1 1/2″ diameter (3.5cm) each, cleaned and sliced, using light green
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8oz (240gr) frozen spinach or fresh
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 4 tbs tomato paste
- 1 – 3 tbs water
- 5oz (150 gr) creamy goat cheese
- 4oz (120gr) dry spaghetti
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add leeks and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, turkey, paprika, and sauté for 5 minutes longer.
- Add tomato paste, spinach, marjoram, and 1 tbs water, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mind the spinach so that it thaws. If sauce starts to dry out add more water.
- Add goat cheese and stir until it melts.
- Add drained spaghetti, toss well and serve.
Substitute chicken if you like, or leave it out and add mushrooms.
I only use 1 tbs of water – just to thin it slightly.
Keywords: turkey, pasta, spaghetti, goat cheese, spinach