Skillet Pasta with Turkey and Horseradish Sauce
This is an easy pasta with a slightly hot sauce…. Perfect for cold winter nights.
I used raw turkey but if you have leftover, cooked turkey add it at the end, with the pasta, just to heat through.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta
- 12oz (360gr) turkey, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups (15oz, 450gr) whole tomatoes, peeled, chopped, juices reserved
- 3 tbs prepared horseradish sauce
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90gr) Greek or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups dried pasta, curly macaroni, rigatoni
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta 1 minute before it would be done.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, and sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add paprika and sauté briefly.
- Add turkey and stir-fry until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, reserved juices, mustard, and oregano.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add pasta, stir well and cotinue to simmer until pasta is done and sauce thick.
- Stir in horseradish and yogurt.
- Remove from heat and serve.
My horseradish sauce is not very hot so I use 3 tbs. If yours is hot adjust accordingly.
Keywords: pasta, turkey, horseradish sauce