This is an easy, hearty soup…. Just add bread for a warming winter (or anytime) meal. This makes enough for 3 servings or, as we are 2, enough for dinner with a cup leftover for lunch the next day.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- 12oz (350gr) ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 15oz (450gr) whole tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (16oz, 480gr) tomato juice
- 3 cups (24oz, 720gr) beef stock
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Heat oil in a small soup pot.
- Add paprika, chili powder and caraway, sauté for 1 minute.
- Add onion, pepper, garlic and sauté until tender.
- Add beef and brown, beaking it up as it cooks.
- When beef is brown, add all remaining ingredients, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
I sauté the spices to bring out their flavors. If you want a hotter soup, add more paprika and / or hotter peppers.
Keywords: goulash, soup, hearty soups