Red Endive Salad
Red endive, beets, cheddar, and walnuts make this a quick, healthy salad for winter
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- 2 red endive, thinly sliced
- 2 medium cooked red beetroot, roughly chopped
- 10 walnut halves
- 1oz (30gr) sharp white cheddar, crumbled
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs good olive oil
- a few olives for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and mustard.
- Slowly add olive oil, whisking constantly until vinaigrette is thick.
- Add endive, beets, and toss well to coat.
- Divide salad onto 2 plates, top with walnuts, cheddar. and serve.
If you don’t have access to cooked beets, use pickled beets, sliced into strips.
The more common green endive can bu substituted for the red.
Keywords: winter salad, red endive, red beets