- To use dried chickpeas:
- 8oz (250gr) fried chickpeas
- Soak chickpeas in cold water for 5 hours or overnight.
- Drain, add fresh water to cover by 3 inches (7cm) and cook until tender, about 90 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- When cool, peel: Cover chickpeas with cool water and stir with your fingers, rubbing lightly. The outer peel will come off and float to the top.
- Remove and discard. This is not necessary but will allow the flavors to penetrate the chickpeas.
Substitute 1/4 tsp powdered ginger for fresh.