Pork Tenderloin, Skillet Braised
Pork tenderloin is best if still slightly pink in the middle. A slow simmer for 20 minutes was all that was needed for this one.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Pork
- 1 pork tenderloin, 14oz (420gr)
- 4 small shallots, peeled, cut in half the long way
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry-cured Greek olives, pitted, cut in half
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) red wine
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add shallots and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add pork and brown, turning once.
- Add garlic and sauté briefly.
- Add wine, tomato paste and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, turnin pork once.
- Add olives and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- To serve:
- Remove pork and cut into thick slices.
- Spoon sauce on top.
If you prefer a thicker sauce stir in 1 tbs cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbs water to finish
Keywords: pork tenderloin, braised pork, red wine