Sausage & Pumpkin Quiche
I used leftover cooked fresh pumpkin, but canned is even easier. As usual, this has a shredded potato crust.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Quiche
- 2 medium potatoes, 12oz (360gr) total, shredded (not peeled)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8oz (240gr) sausage, either bulk or sliced if links
- 3oz (90gr) cheese, raclette, Cheddar, or your favorite cheese, sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) cup milk
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120gr) Greek yogurt
- Mix shredded potato, salt and egg.
- Pat into a lightly oiled quiche or 10″ (25cm) pie plate, working it up the sides a bit for the edges.
- Bake in 400F (200C) oven for 15 minutes.
- Sauté onion, celery, and garlic in oil over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and sauté 7 – 8 minutes longer, until cooked through.
- Whisk eggs, mustard, yogurt and milk together.
- To assemble: Remove crust from oven.
- Spread the pumpkin over the potatoes.
- Spread the sausage mixture evenly over the crust.
- Top with cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over all and bake, 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before cutting.
Note: I usually put the quiche dish on a baking sheet to make it easier to handle. I normally use sausages, rather than bulk, as that is what I can easily get. I slice them about 3/4″ thick.
Keywords: sausage, pumpkin, quiche