Spaghetti Squash with Sausage, Med-Style
I cook the squash ahead of time as it’s easier to handle when not right out of the oven. It reheats quickly in a skillet. It can be cooked and refrigerated 2 or 3 days in advance.
Cook time does NOT include baking spaghetti squash,
- Author: Katie Zeller
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Skillet Dinners
- 3 cups (15oz, 450gr) cooked spaghetti squash
- 10oz (300gr) sausages, cut into 1″ (2.5cm) pieces
- 4 – 6 shallots, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4oz (120gr) pimiento or roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped Greek olives
- 3oz (90gr) feta, crumbled
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp marjoram
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add shallots and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add sausages, garlic and sauté until sausage is cooked through.
- Add tomato sauce, chili powder, marjoram and bring to a simmer.
- Add pimiento, olives and feta, heat through.
- Add spaghetti squash and heat through. Serve.
- Cut the spaghetti squash into 3rds the short way. Scoop out the seeds.
- Put into a baking dish with a bit of water, cover, and bake, 350F (190C) for about an hour, until the flesh is tender.
- Remove and allow to rest, covered, until cool enough to handle.
- Using a fork, scrape out the strands of squash and set aside until needed.
- Refrigerate extra squash for another use.
Keywords: spaghetti squash, sausage, feta, olives