Cod, Baked with Tomatoes & Capers
This is an easy fish dish – just assemble and bake. Serve with Oven Fries for a ‘Fish & Chip’ dinner.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Fish & Seafood
- 12oz (350gr) cod, halibut, or other firm, white fish, cut into pieces if large
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups (15oz, 450gr) tomatoes, peeled, chopped, juices reserved for another use
- 1/4 cup (4 tbs) dry-cured Greek olives
- 2 tbs capers
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp dill weed
- Place fish on a baking sheet.
- Brush / drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle lemon pepper, dill weed on fish.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, and capers. Spoon over fish.
- Bake fish, 400F (200C) for 15 – 20 minutes, depending on thickness, until done. Fish is done when it starts to turn opaque and flakes with a fork.
- Remove fish to plates or a platter and serve.
The juices from the tomatoes can be frozen and added to sauces. Green or Kalamata olives can be used instead of the Greek olives
Keywords: cod. baked cod, capers