I’ve been doing pork chops in the slow cooker every week all winter long. As is usual, this time of year, I start to get bored and want something new. I was doing them differently every week, but still…..
We finally stopped eating winter squashes and I was able to buy a cauliflower…. Exciting times.
So….. I had a cauliflower and some pork chops and I didn’t feel like cooking (also common this time of year).
I’ve made Scalloped Potatoes with Broccoli and Ham often. Why not do the same basic recipe with cauliflower and pork chops?
It was good.
Click here to Pin Pork, Potato & Cauliflower GratinPrint
Pork, Potato, & Cauliflower Gratin
A little slicing, toss it in a baking dish and relax for an hour while your dinner cooks. Or cook it in a slower over and relax longer…. (350F, 175C for 90 minutes)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Gratins
- 2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 medium head cauliflower, enough for 2 people, cut into small florets
- 1 onion, cut into quarters, then sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) milk
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup (3oz, 90gr) shredded cheese
- 2 pork chops (12oz, 360gr) boneless, cut in half
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Put the cauliflower, potatoes, and onions into a large bowl. Sprinkle with flour and toss to coat as evenly as possible.
- Put it into a large glass baking dish, spreading it out.
- Whisk the milk and mustard together and pour carefully over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Lay pork chops on top, nestling them in a bit. Sprinkl pork with paprika.
- Cover and bake at 400F (200C) for an hour or until the potatoes are done.
- Uncover for the last 10 minutes to brown chops and cheese. Serve.
You could use chicken thighs if you prefer.
Keywords: potato gratin, cauliflower, pork chops
I’m finally making progress on my projects… not a lot of progress, but some.
I cleaned out the big branches, and one tree, that blew down in our little woods last winter. I like mon mari to strim the grass once in the spring so we can walk in there without worrying about snakes – and so Guapa can find the treats I throw. Once the leaves are out on the trees nothing grows, but the grass shoots up in the spring. If there are big branches the line on the strimmer breaks.
Anyway, it was a beautiful, warm day so I worked in the woods in just a t-shirt and yoga pants. It was wonderful.
Guapa didn’t help.
She’s been having more bad days than good days lately. I’m a little worried about her. We’re going to cut out the people food and see if that helps. She’s never gotten much, but we’ll eliminate all of it. I can’t take her to the vet now – it’s closed like most everything else.
She came out and sat in the sunshine with me for awhile today, so that made me happy.
We look for happiness wherever we can find it these days….