There is still no bread flour or whole wheat flour available – at least not that I have found.
Happily, for mon mari, lock-down has been lifted and he feels comfortable going to his favorite bakery for bread.
Even better, one of the local asparagus growers has been parking his truck by the bakery and selling green and white asparagus.
Spring is when the local farmers all bring their crops to the local markets – which have been closed since the middle of March. The markets are opening up now but people (us) can be reluctant to go as they, traditionally, are crowded (perhaps not now). So kudos to this guy who just parked his truck, all by itself, next to the bakery parking lot.
A fresh loaf of whole grain bread is the perfect accompaniment to this simple salad.
Click here to Pin Shrimp & Asparagus Salad on SpinachPrint
Shrimp & Asparagus Salad on Spinach
Preserved lemon adds a nice, lemon flavor without being overpowering. If you don’t have any use 1 – 2 tsp lemon juice. Serve with some whole grain bread.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salads
- 12oz (350gr) shrimp, cleaned
- 8oz (120gr) asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2″ (4cm) lengths
- 4 green garlic, trimmed, sliced
- 1/3 cup dry-cured Greek olives, sliced about 12
- 1/2 preserved lemon, pulp removed, rind thinly sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 6oz (200gr) spinach
- 2 tbs fresh, snipped marjoram
- 1 1/2 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 1/2 tbs sherry wine vinegar
- 3 tbs salad olive oil
- Whisk mustard and vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil until thick and creamy.
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add green garlic, asparagus, and sauté until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tsp olive oil, paprika, cumin and sauté briefly.
- Add shirmp and quickly sauté until cooked through. They will curl and turn opaque when done. Remove skillet from heat.
- Return asparagus, green garlic to skillet.
- Add olives, lemon and 2 tbs vinaigrette. Stir well to combine.
- To finish: Toss spinach, marjoram with remaining vinaigrette.
- Divide and arrange on 2 plates.
- Spoon shrimp and asparagus into the center, dividing evenly.
You can use any salad greens in place of the spinach, and green onions in place of the green garlic – or garlic scapes.
Keywords: shrimp salad, asparagus, spinach
Okay, I admit it…..
I screwed up.
I thought all the changes that I had made to this blog were working properly and I could finally relax, binge-watch Netflix, and pet my dog.
Yesterday, I noticed that a color wasn’t quite right on a link. That’s a simple change. I made the change, hit refresh and nothing happened.
I didn’t want to bother clearing cache and all the technical stuff so I just went over to mon mari’s computer to look at it there.
And thus a day is lost…..
My blog did not display any photos on his computer.
I frantically checked my phone – same, no photos. There were no photos on my laptop, my tablet or my kindle.
But on my computer everything displayed perfectly.
I had gotten overly-confident with a change, sometime last week, and not bothered to check all the other devices.
The problem, of course, was trying to figure out which change.
I figured it out, I think.
I corrected it, I think.
I wish I knew why my computer so often displays differently than the rest of the world.
I wish the rest of the world would behave better.
Please – let me know if there are still problems.