They were new to me. I regularly see the normal-size ball of mozzarella di bufala, as well as the smaller balls and larger family-size mozzarella, both usually made with cow’s milk.
But the pearls were new – and they were made with buffalo milk, not cow’s milk.
Obviously, I had to buy them.
I was going through the last of my summer food photos and realized I had not yet posted the salad with the cute little pearls.
So here it is…..
This really is the last salad.
Click here to Pin Grilled Chicken Salad with Tomatoes & MozzarellaPrint
Grilled Chicken Salad with Tomatoes & Mozzarella
The vinaigrette is my attempt to copy the U.S. restaurant favorite ‘French’ dressing.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Salads
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs ketchup
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- “French” Vinaigrette
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 2 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3 tbs salad olive oil
- lettuce for 2 main course salads
- handful fresh basil leaves, large leaves cut in half
- 1 avocado, sliced, sliced cut into thirds
- 12 – 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4oz (125gr) mozzarella ‘pearls’
- Make marinade, pour over chicken and set aside for 10 minutes.
- When ready start to cook chicken on barbecue grill for 12 – 15 minutes, turning once.
- Mix ketchup, vinegar, paprika, and mustard.
- Slowly add olive oil, whisking constantly.
- Prepare lettuce and put in large salad bowl.
- Add basil leaves to lettuce.
- Add half of the vinagrette to the salad and toss well to coat.
- Add avocado and tomatoes, and toss gently.
- When chicken is done remove and let rest a few minutes.
- Slice chicken, cut slices in half and add to salad.
- Add more of the vinaigrette (or all of it) and toss gently
- Serve, any remaining dressing on the side.
If you use larger mozzarella, slice / cut to be bite-size. Do the same if you use large tomatoes.
Keywords: grilled chicken, main course salad, mozzarella pearls
I think (hope) that we’ve made it through the worst of the summer heat. After 8 days in the high 90’s / low 100’s F (35 – 40C) we needed a break. We humans were managing fairly well but it was tough on our old dog. Yes, Guapa is 9 1/2 now which is old for her breed.
The last few days have been…. pleasant. Guapa has even gone for all 3 walks, willingly. And I caught her outside by herself, barking at the bunnies earlier. It’s cool enough outside that we can have the doors open again.
The one place she won’t go, though, is the field.
We’ve always walked in the field. That’s where the best smells are! But we’ve gone almost 2 months without rain and it’s dry. Apparently it’s also brittle and prickly and hurts her dainty paws. The last time we were out there she was picking her way around the dead weeds very carefully. Now she just stands on the road or the farm track and stares at me until I come back.
Along with getting older she’s gotten more stubborn.
When the heat broke the other day we also got about 2 inches of rain. Maybe that will bring the grass (and weeds) back to life.