Three Bean Salad
This has a slightly sweet vinaigrette. It keeps well and is great for picnics or to just have on hand for snacking.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Salads
- 6oz (180gr) green beans
- 6oz (180gr) yellow wax beans
- 15oz (450gr) red kidney beans
- 1/2 red pepper or orange pepper
- 2 tbs fresh snipped chives
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) tarragon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) olive oil
- Top and tail beans. Cut in 1″ (2.5 cm) lengths.
- Bring a medium saucepan half full of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add beans and blanch for 4 minutes, until just tender.
- Drain beans and immediately submerge in an equal amount of very cold water.
- Drain again, spread out on paper towels and pat dry.
- Put into a serving bowl.
- Add kidney beans, pepper, and chives.
- Vinaigrette: In small bowl whisk together the sugar, mustard and vinegar.
- Slowly add the oil whisking constantly.
- Pour over beans and stir to combine.
- Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
Use any kind of fresh beans you like. You could substitute white beans for the red kidney beans.
Keywords: three bean salad, green beans, salads