I used 1 each very large yellow and orange tomato. Use any color you like.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Quiche
- 2 medium potatoes, 12oz (360gr) total, shredded (not peeled)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8oz (240gr) ham, cut into strips
- big handful fresh basil leaves
- 2 large tomatoes, thickly sliced (1/3 – 1/2 inch, 1 cm)
- 4oz (120gr) shredded cheese, I used Gruyère
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120gr) Greek yogurt
- Mix shredded potato, salt and egg.
- Pat into a lightly oiled quiche or 10″ (25cm) pie plate, working it up the sides a bit for the edges.
- Bake in 400F (200C) oven for 15 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, mustard, and yogurt together.
- To assemble: Remove crust from oven.
- Spread the ham over the potatoes.
- Spread the basil leaves on the ham.
- Top with cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over all.
- Top with the sliced tomatoes and bake, 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before cutting.
My tomato slices were between 1/3 and 1/2 inch thick. (1cm) I got 3 slices from each 1 lb. tomato
Keywords: Tomatoes, quiche, tomato tart