This was another learning experience with my Instant Pot.
I was skeptical of leaving skin on the chicken.
We both love crispy chicken skin and both hate limp chicken skin. I always skin the thighs when I cook them in the slow cooker but never when they are done in the oven or on the barbecue.
My concern about the Instant Pot was that the steam built up during the ‘Pressure’ cooking part would render the crisp skin achieved during the ‘Sauté’ part to be no longer crisp.
I decided to try it, telling myself that I could easily skin the chicken before serving. There was a 4-legged member of the household that loves chicken skin in any form.
I needn’t have worried.
Click here to Pin Lemon Chicken, Instant PotPrint
Lemon Chicken, Instant Pot
This uses skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs. Ours are small so we normally serve 2 per person.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs lemon zest
- 4 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) chicken broth
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Combine paprika, oregano, lemon pepper, and sprinkle over chicken.
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté for 6 minutes.
- Add olive oil and, when hot, add chicken, browning on both sides.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add the garlic, lemon zest and sauté briefly.
- Add lemon juice, chicken broth, and stir well, scraping up any browned bits.
- Return the chicken in a single layer, skin side up.
- Secure cover, set Instant Pot to High Pressure for 7 minutes.
- Natural release for 15 minutes then quick release if needed.
If needed adjust Sauté time to insure that chicken is nicely browned and garlic / lemon zest sautées for about 1 minute
Keywords: lemon chicken, instant pot
This was based on a recipe I found on Corrie Cooks. If you want to see lots and lots of photos, go have a look. I skipped to the recipe.
We were very happy with this chicken. Guapa was not as there was no skin for her. Sadly, there will be no skin for her in the future either as she has developed a sensitive stomach in her old age…..
Now I have to look at sad eyes when I’m in the kitchen as she no longer gets human food treats.
There is nothing going on in my life that is exciting enough to write about.
Well, except the rats…..
I just had a rat jump on me. It was in the bird feeder.
I’ll tell that story on another day.