On Tuesday it was cold and rainy. The temp barely hit 15C (59F). I had the winter quilt on the bed and tucked in a hot water bottle. (Our furnace was turned off a month ago but that’s another story.)
Wed. it was sunny and the temps hit 25C (77F). I dug out my sandals for the first time and finally stopped wearing heavy sweatshirts.
It’s summer (I hope).
We have been doing a bit of outdoor cooking, but not a lot and nothing complicated…. mainly chicken breasts or pork chops. Mon mari doesn’t like tending the barbecue in the rain.
After 3 days of summer we’re ready to tackle the fun stuff.
If you’re ready too, read on for some inspiration:
Great Recipes for Grilling this Year
Grilling is the perfect way to spend your summer afternoons with friends and family while sharing anecdotes and enjoying good food. It’s easy, it’s fun, and it’s tasty! But only when you know what you’re doing. Read on to know some of the best grilling recipes we recommend to make this year a memorable one!
Nothing beats tender chicken with all your favorite spices into the mix! Grilled chicken breasts or other pieces can be prepared quickly and still taste excellent. Once you’ve marinated the chicken, the rest of the journey becomes easy. You’d need chicken, oil, sugar, garlic, ginger, some seasonings for this dish, while salt is optional.
How to Make:
1. Take a big bowl and add chicken, garlic, ginger, lemon, salt, pepper, and any of the seasonings. Add oil and stir the ingredients for them to combine completely. You can also add a personal touch to the recipe by adding any of the flavors from your kitchen.
2. Once combined, marinate it for 15-30 minutes. The more time you give it, the deeper the flavors will reach, the better the chicken will taste!
3. Prepare the grill by heating it at medium. You could begin this step a few minutes before your marinade is due to be ready. Moisten the grill by cleaning and then oiling it. This can also enhance the taste of the food that you will be preparing.
4. Once marinated, place the chicken on the hot grills to cook it. Give 7-8 minutes on each side for breasts, a bit longer for other pieces. Of course it depends on how hot your grill is. Allow the chicken to stay on the grill for straight 7 minutes before contemplating changing sides.
5. Once a side is done, flip it and allow the other side to be cooked. If you’re using a meat thermometer to monitor the temperature, remove the chicken from the grill once it reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Continue the drill with all the pieces until you’re done!
Marinated Chicken and Onion Kebabs
It’s easy and quick to make and has a cultural touch to it. The best part is, you could get all the ingredients on short notice from a nearby store. For this, you will need plain yogurt, boneless chicken breasts, canola oil, red onion, garlic, grated ginger, garam masala, turmeric, lemon, salt, black pepper.
How to Make:
1. Bring out a big bowl, and toss in yogurt, ginger, garlic, turmeric, garam masala, lemon, salt, and pepper, and mix it all up. Stir the ingredients till they mix completely.
2. Add chicken and give the bowl another good stir. Allow to marinate. This will not only add flavor to the chicken but also make it tender and juicier. Marinate it for 15-30 minutes.
3. While your chicken gets ready to dive onto the grill, heat it (the grill). Ensure that the grill is clean and dry before you begin heating it.
4. Place the chicken pieces and nicely cut onion pieces alternately on the skewers. Place the skewers on the grill and allow one side to be heated for about 7-8 minutes. Do not lift them for 7 minutes straight. Switch side and cook the other side for 7-8 minutes.
5. Once done, serve your friends and family with the marinated grilled chicken with onion kebabs.
Vegetarians, huddle up! Like meat, veggies such as mushrooms also have plenty of deliciousness to offer. You can pair the grilled mushrooms with your favorite veggies and give yourself an animal-friendly treat! For this, you will need fresh mushrooms, olive oil, salt, garlic, pepper, parmesan, and any seasonings of your choice.
How to make:
1. Throw in some mushrooms and olive in a large bowl. Stir the contents for a while before adding the salt. In the meantime, get your grill ready by heating it at medium.
2. Add pepper and vinegar, and other seasonings in the bowl and stir everything. You can also add some additional ingredients of your liking to enhance the taste of the dish.
3. Coat the mushrooms perfectly in the mix you’ve just created and begin grilling the pieces. Once done, you can top off the dish by sprinkling small pieces of vegetables that you want to add to the mixture.