We’re eating more beans these days, thanks to my Instant Pot. They are so easy to make and taste so much better that I have been making some almost every week.
It’s been especially nice during the spring months when I normally have to buy vegetables.
Starting this week we’ll be eating vegetables from the potager – which will last until February or March of next year, hopefully. I picked the first summer squash yesterday. I can probably pick about 20 more tomorrow. They are rather prolific with the first big production.
But I’ll still make beans. I love them on their own and really love them added to lettuce (which is about done) and pasta salads.
Click here to Pin Shrimp & White Bean SaladPrint
Shrimp & White Bean Salad
With pre-cooked, peeled shrimp and canned white beans, this salad goes together very quickly and it’s a perfect no-cook / hot weather dinner.
Directions are given for cooking the shrimp.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Salads
- 10oz (300gr) shrimp, cleaned, pre-cooked or raw
- 1 3/4 cup (15oz, 450gr) white beans, drained
- 8 – 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 6oz (180gr) salad greens. prepared
- 2 tbs capers
- 2 tbs fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tbs fresh, snipped garlic chives
- 1 tbs fresh snipped tarragon
- To cook shrimp:
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbs tarragon wine vinegar
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 4 tbs salad olive oil
- To cook shrimp:
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a skillet. Add paprika, shrimp and quickly sauté until cooked through. They will curl and turn opaque when done.
- Remove and set aside.
- Whisk mustard, ketchup, and vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil until thick and creamy.
- To finish:
- Toss greens, tomatoes, herbs with 1/2 of the vinaigrette and arrange in large salad bowl or on two plates.
- Toss beans, shrimp with 1/2 of the vinaigrette and arrange on lettuce.
Substitute 1 tsp dried herps for the fresh, and add to the vinaigrette rather than the salad greens.
Substitute your favorite salad dressing for the home-made vinaigrette.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 645
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 691.2 mg
- Fat: 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.1 g
- Fiber: 12.4 g
- Protein: 41.4 g
- Cholesterol: 228.1 mg
Keywords: shrimp salad, white beans, main course salads
It’s been one of those weeks: rain followed by wind followed by rain followed by 5 minutes of sunshine. And it’s cold rain and a cold wind.
This morning on the news it listed the 3 hottest cities: Kuwait City, Dubai, and Portland, Oregon.
And poor Portland also has the humidity which the other 2 cities don’t – being deserts and all.
On that note – I leave you with a red rose
I have no words to address the weather…..