I made this for a small dinner party I had a few weeks ago.
We were only 6, all vaccinated (3 shots) and it was before the omicron variant reared its ugly head.
One has to take advantage of the brief lulls in the pandemic when one can.
This could be a nice addition to a holiday table or any table – adding a hint of spice. It can be served warm, room temperature or chilled and will keep for several days in the fridge.
Click here to Pin Moroccan Carrot SaladPrint
Moroccan Carrot Salad
This is an easy, make-ahead salad, good warm or cold, great for holidays or picnics.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Vegetables
- 5 cups sliced carrots, 1/4 – 1/3″ thick (1cm), 6 – 7 medium carrots
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1 cup chopped, fresh parsley
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Add salt, carrots, and cook for 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- While carrots cook:
- Whisk remaining ingredients, except parsley, together in a deep bowl.
- When carrots are done, drain well and add to bowl.
- Stir well and set aside cool slightly, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add parsley and stir well to combine.
- Let marinate for at least an hour.
- Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.
This really needs fresh parsley, but, if all you have is dried, add it to the dressing and add 1 tsp of water.
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 6.8 g
- Sodium: 88.9 mg
- Fat: 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.1 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: carrots, carrot salad, moroccan
I had the house decorated for Christmas before our dinner so we had a festive table.
Nice to be able to have friends over – who knows what will happen in the next week or month. Living with a pandemic is….. interesting.