I made something similar to this a few years ago.
We liked it.
It was complicated, involving 2 skillets, lots of frying, a baking dish, and the oven to finish.
I decided to simplify it. I wasn’t sure how the eggs would work as they would cook more quickly in a large skillet than a casserole.
It may not be as pretty, but it was easy.
We like easy.
Click here to Pin Skillet Beef & Veggie PiePrint
Skillet Beef & Veggie Pie
I use less beef than usual in this dish, because I added 3 eggs. It balanced the dish.
It’s like a crust-less pie – sort of.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: One Dish Dinners
- Method: Skillet
- 2 medium potatoes, (10oz,300gr total) cut in quarters, then thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, cut in half, then thinly sliced
- 8oz (250gr) ground beef
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 medium ribs celery, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) beef broth
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (2oz, 60gr) shredded cheese
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add the onions, celery, garlic and sauté 5 minutes longer.
- Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, add beef and sauté, breaking it up as it browns.
- Add Worcestershire, paprika, oregano, and sauté briefly.
- Add the beef broth, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and check vegetables.
- If done, sprinkle cheese evenly over beef.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs.
- Pour eggs evenly over the cheese.
- Cover and cook until eggs are set, about 5 minutes.
You could add chopped peppers, or hot sauce if you like heat.
Add the veggies to the skillet as you cut them.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 1354
- Sugar: 24.2 g
- Sodium: 1311.9 mg
- Fat: 58.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 22.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 111.7 g
- Fiber: 21 g
- Protein: 96.3 g
- Cholesterol: 758.9 mg
Keywords: skillet dinner, beef pie, beef vegetable skillet
That’s all of the words for this day. Our internet has been off and on all day.
Okay, a few more words…..
We’ve been promised fiber optics (fast internet) in the near future. The promise is now 5 years old. However, last week a trench was dug alongside our road and tubes / pipes were laid.
My neighbor suggested that the internet going off and on is maybe indicating that they are switching us to fiber optics.
Our current internet is excruciatingly slow and has been even slower for the last week.
Sadly, I had to point out to my neighbor that we will not have fiber optics until we have been offered the upgrade, signed a new contract, ordered the new router, scheduled the installation and agreed to pay for it.
This is France and things must be done properly.
And now I sign of…. while I still can.