In the before times, when I did our grocery shopping every week, I almost always bought mushrooms.
We both like them and they’re good for us.
I’m not going to repeat the health benefits but if you google ‘health benefits of mushrooms’ you’ll be amazed. I’ll give you 1 link on mushroom health benefits to get you started….
However…. Now that I only buy groceries every other week we eat them less often. They don’t keep well and, at least in my mind, the benefits of mushrooms are not offset by the risk of Covid.
Every other week we enjoy lots of mushrooms.
Click here to Pin Spaghetti with Chicken and MushroomsPrint
Spaghetti with Chicken and Mushrooms
Chicken breasts, cut into pieces and lightly floured, are a flavorful base for a quick spaghetti dinner.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta
- 2 chicken breasts,(12oz, 360gr) total weight) cut into pieces
- 3 tbs flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5oz (150gr) mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped Greek olives
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup (4oz (120ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) white wine
- 1/4 cup (2oz (120gr) Greek yogurt
- 4oz (120gr) dry spaghetti
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- While pasta cooks:
- Combine flour and paprika in a bowl or small food bag.
- Add chicken and coat well.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and sauté until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add onions, garlic and mushrooms; sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder and sauté briefly.
- Return chicken to skillet, add Worcestershire, mustard, wine, broth, olives, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt, spoon over spaghetti and serve.
Substitute sour cream or plain yogurt for Greek yogurt; green or other olives for Greek olives; whatever mustard you like.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 619
- Sugar: 9.1 g
- Sodium: 967.1 mg
- Fat: 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 68.3 g
- Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 54.2 g
- Cholesterol: 130 mg
Keywords: spaghetti, mushrooms, chicken
We have a waterbed, which we bought in the U.S. a few years before we moved. Rather than 1 large mattress filled with water ours has 12 tubes.
Over the years we have had tubes leak. It’s probably happened 3 or 4 times, so it’s not frequent. Luckily for us, in the past, it’s happened in the summer.
The tubes are in a large (king-size bed) foam container that is in a heavy plastic container so leaks are well contained.
One of the tubes leaked.
The foam container is soaked, even after attempting to vacuum the water up with the shop vac.
Considering that the weather is currently cold and damp we estimate that it will be dry sometime in April.
Mon mari suggested we get rid of the tubes and put in normal mattresses.
I love our waterbed.
I do not want to go shopping for a mattress – something I have only done once in my life, resulting in our waterbed.
Bed-in-a-Box will be delivered Friday.
Will take photos…..